Saturday, May 18, 2024

Tattoos and Tacos

At 45 years old, I logged a milestone today. It's amazing how you're never too old to tackle things you really should have done in your 20s. Today, I got a tattoo... my first tattoo. I choose something simple, a smallish, simple design that would be pretty and meaningful. Check this out...I'm the moon (right side). 

We got up early, made ourselves look presentable for polite society (read: I put on makeup for the first time in months), and went down to Pittsburg for tattoos, then had tacos. It was a blast. We got there pretty early, so we spent some time chatting and searching for taco restaurants. When they opened we went in, met our artist, and I went first so I didn't chicken out. She was super nice, I would 100% go to her again, and the work hurt way less than I thought it would. I think you kind of psych yourself up, tell yourself it'll hurt, and when you finally get the thing done it's not as big a deal as you had made it out to be. At least, that's what I do because I'm a little bit of a basket case. Now that I've done this, I am definitely doing it again. 

After the tattoos we had our tacos. Let's talk about the tacos for a second. The girl who did our tattoos, Paige, recommended this amazing Mexican restaurant where we had the best tacos al pastor (chicken) ever. And, the place was filled with character. Just look at this chandelier...

Oh yeah, lets not forget the tacos...

No exaggeration to say it was the best Saturday I've had in a long time. We really enjoyed ourselves, had a girl day doing something fun and meaningful, and went home full of tacos. What more could a girl ask for!